Pages

Saturday 12 May 2012

I Love Applique :-)

After talking with Jenny the other day I felt really inspired and was reminded of just how much I love applique. It's a great way to turn something plain into something...cool...remarkable...gorgeous!
My baby daughter has been crawling everywhere for months and has managed to put a small hole in a pair of tights - so my first job was to add a little patch...




Then I got more adventurous and turned a plain white vest into...




A little bird shirt.

Baby was super pleased - she loves birds...

I used some left over fabric from the pillowcase dress, some bright yellow satin for the beak from my bright-coloured-satin-stash (you never know when you're going to need it ;-)). And used fusible webbing to attach the fabrics to the vest. I then hand stitched the beak and used the machine to zigzag around the body and found a little button for the eye.

I love the result and plan to try making my first quilt sometime soon. Watch this space!


Linking up with...

and also...


                                       

2 comments: