Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

Back to Old School Patterns...

Last year I bought this pattern and made some plain black cotton pants in version A.



It was the first clothing pattern I'd followed in many years and probably the first I'd ever attempted alone. They turned out quite well and I was happy that I'd actually understood the instructions relatively easily (which means that I understood most of it but still had times where I had to read the step at least seven seventeen times before something clicked and I 'got it'). Apparently I'm not alone on that one. Recently I purchased a Megan Neilsen pattern and was mesmerised at the simplicity of the instructions - haven't made the skirt yet because I've been busy looking for the 'right' fabric, but while I was looking for some at the Remnant Warehouse I came across this lovely soft draping rayon:


And that brings me back to the pants pattern... I thought it would look great sewn into version B of the pants and after a short week of late-night sewing I made these:

This fabric works very well for this pattern and I'm really loving my new pants...

No comments:

Post a Comment