Pages

Monday 2 December 2013

Sharing the love...

You may have realised by now that knowing where my clothing comes from has been an increasingly important issue for me. And in a recent post I listed some ideas that could help me become more ethical when it came to the action of dressing.
Recently I met a fellow mum who sells beautiful clothing at markets in Sydney. I purchased a beautifully soft, cotton top which has been simply too good to wear! (I stare at it lovingly in the wardrobe - but fear not, I'll get over this pretty soon) The label is Read & Bell (the surnames of the two women behind the clothing, accessories and homewares).
The thing I love the most, apart from the fact that their stuff is gorgeous, is that it's not mass produced in a dungeon somewhere, it's made in a caring environment which you can read about here.
Something else I discovered over the weekend was a Fair Trade fashion website: http://www.eternalcreation.com/ They have some nice articles of clothing and you can meet the tailor, tour the workshop and watch 'how-to' demo's all on their website.

THE WORLD NEEDS MORE OF THIS!!!!
HELP TO TAKE A STAND AGAINST SLAVE LABOUR, SWEAT SHOPS AND MASS PRODUCTION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment